The UN-NYG Mentoring Programme is a project initiated by the UN-NYG and led by Ms Amelia Lee Zhi Yi, the UN-NYG Mentoring Coordinator. The programme is implemented with support from the IAEA Office of the Deputy Director General, Ms Mary Alice Hayward, Head of the Department of Management.
The key vision of the mentoring programme is to act as a platform for IAEA staff to strengthen their professional skills at the workplace and improve networking capacity through the cultivation of cross departmental and generational relationships.
The goals of the Mentoring Programme are to:
- Strengthen staff resources through mutual learning experiences for mentors and mentees, to nurture high performance leaders with the capacity to “give back” at the workplace
- Develop self-sustaining professional relationships between mentors and mentees that narrow the gap between different departments and age groups at the IAEA
The UN-NYG Mentoring Programme is designed to run for 5 months’ time including participant recruitment, selection and pairing (1 month), mentorship period (3 months) and programme completion and feedback (1 month). A pilot version of the Mentoring Programme will be held in 2017.
The Mentoring Team, led by Amelia, is supported by:
- Ms Taissa Sobolev, the "Attractor," in charge of matters in recruiting and reaching out to mentors and mentees;
- Ms Melina Belinco, the "Connector," in charge of developing events and best practises to match participants;
- Ms Nazik Uzakbai-Kyzy, the "Guide," in charge of developing training tools for the programme and compiling mentor resources.
Download the UNNYG mentoring programme documents